Blog and News
Book your in-library visit today!
We’re thrilled to share that the Bundaberg Disability Resource Centre & Toy Library will reopen for browsing by members on Monday 13 July. Our community’s health and safety remain a priority to us and we have spent a lot of time planning a safe and sustainable re-opening.
Toy Libraries Australia has provided specific advice to toy libraries so for now there will be some changes to the way we operate.
Here’s what you need to know:
- As always, members must clean toys before returning them. This is now a Department of Health requirement of us opening so when you return toys we will ask if they’ve been cleaned. If they haven’t you’ll need to use our cleaning station to do it. This includes toy bags and boxes. You can view our cleaning guidelines here
- Please use the hand sanitiser as you enter, and maintain physical distancing of 1.5m from other people.
- There are hand sanitisers also located around the building- if you are unsure where they are please ask a staff member.
- We encourage you to choose your toys and leave promptly to go home to play, as we’re not able to offer a space to hang out at this stage.
- Please don’t touch toys you’re not going to take home and don’t remove them from their bags in the library. Please ask a staff member to show them to you if you need to see them. This will be tough for children excited about new toys, so please chat to them about this expectation and keep children close during your visit or try to come alone.
- We will currently allow 2 members or family groups in the library at one time.
- If anyone in your family is unwell (e.g. vomiting, diarrhoea, respiratory infection) you must not visit the toy library. Instead, contact us about extending or returning the toys.
- A more detailed COVID safe plan can be viewed on request at the Bundaberg Toy Library.
There will be 2 ways of accessing the Bundaberg Toy Library-
- Click ‘n’ Collect
- Use your log on and password to access the toy library catalogue. Make an appointment and put your items on hold. Staff will collect and have your loans ready for you at the service desk at your appointment time
- Browsing by appointment
- Use your log on and password to access the toy library catalogue. Make an appointment.
- Mon-Wed are available for appointments for members
- if a member drops-in they will be asked to wait if an appointment has been previously booked for that time slot
- Saturday mornings will be strictly by appointment only and no drop-ins
All current memberships as of the 30 March 2020 will have their memberships extended by 3 months to cover the weeks that we were closed to member entry during Covid-19 restrictions.
We welcome new memberships and ask that you please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 4153 2909 so we can book an appointment time for you.
We’ll continue to navigate these changes together and may need to make further adjustments along the way. Thank you for your continued understanding, patience and support as we reopen for access. We have been very busy during this time purchasing a number of new toys and resources. We are excited to share these with you when you come in and we wish you joyful play!