Bundaberg Toy Library – Open for Fun & Learning! 🙂
Services to Schools
The Bundaberg Disability Resource Centre and Toy Library offers:
- up to 35 items available for borrowing for a term, depending on membership level
- a wide selection of curriculum resources that align with the Australian Curriculum
- resources that support Individual Curriculum Plans, Individual Learning Plans or Individual Education Plans
- resources to support individualised planning in speech and language development in conjunction with allied professionals
- resources to support fine motor development
- resources to support routine participation, social and interpersonal skills and emotional regulation
- outreach visits to schools during each school term
- a delivery service to schools to drop off resources and pick up each term
- our Education Advisor is available to consult regarding appropriate equipment and resources to meet the needs of your school
The Specialist Disability Support in Schools (SDSS) Program – Funded Support for Eligible Students
This is an ongoing education support program providing financial assistance to approved organisations to help improve educational opportunities and enhance the learning outcomes of students with disability.
NSO & Schools Video
Watch the video for an explanation of the NSO program and how organisations including the Bundaberg Disability Resource Centre and Toy Library can help support students with disabilities and their teachers. Information is also given about how the NDIS applies outside of the school environment. Please note the NSO Program concluded in December 2018 and has been replaced by the SDSS program. However, the same distinctions apply regarding the NDIS.
We think being a member of the Toy Library is very worthwhile. We are able to access a number of high quality and useful resources for our students that otherwise we would not be able to use. These resources assist us with helping students to improve their learning outcomes. The staff are friendly and helpful and offer a wonderful service. We are especially appreciative of the drop off and pick up service that they offer. I would recommend schools to become a member of the Toy Library.
The Bundaberg Toy Library has to be one of the best resources available to parents and kids in our region! We, as a school, have been accessing resources for years now. Some of our parents are private members as well, finding similar advantages to us. Being ‘out of town’, we are still supported; with extended borrowing times, transport, and great advice always. The resource Library allows us to try out equipment which we have later purchased – a great money saver in the long run. We are able to offer a variety of equipment to suit individual developmental levels. We are able to offer specialised equipment that is clean and safe. For the small fee charged, the Toy library is worth its weight only surpassed by the friendly, helpful, dedicated staff we meet there.
Forever grateful for their ongoing support of us and our students.